Walton-Verona SBDM Councils strive towards the state's goals for producing proficient students. The Councils work to create an overall direction for the school that improves academic student achievement.
The goals and direction of the school is a shared vision of all stakeholders. We appreciate and value all input that focuses on improving academic student achievement.
The mission of Walton-Verona SBDM Council is to provide, in partnership with the home and community, a safe and comfortable educational atmosphere, which respects the diversity of individuals. Within this environment, it is our goal to motivate all students to achieve at high academic levels, to engage in a lifelong pursuit of learning, and to become responsible citizens of the world.
School Beliefs for Walton-Verona
1. Students learn in different ways with various levels of success.
2. A safe and comfortable learning environment promotes student learning.
3. High expectations are set for both academics and student behavior.
4. Students learn best when they are motivated and actively engaged in the learning process.
5. Teachers, parents, students, and the community share the responsibility for the support of the school’s mission including effective decision-making.
6. Positive relationships and mutual respect among the students and the staff enhance a student’s self-esteem.
7. Students should understand their role as responsible citizens in a democratic society and of the world.
8. Students must have self-motivation in order to succeed at the highest possible level.
9. Each student is a valued, unique individual who is part of and responsible to a collective group of individuals.
10. Students should be provided appropriate opportunities for success.
11. The school should provide an educational atmosphere for faculty and students which recognizes respect for diversity of individuals.
12. Participation in clubs and extra-curricular activities provides leadership opportunities for students.
Rob Hartman, Principal and Chairperson email@example.com
Beth Dingus, Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Dinser, Parent email@example.com
Brooke Helmer,Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Adrienne Pronk, Parent email@example.com
Roseann Simmons, Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org