8th Grade Science Mrs. Monts de Oca
Week of February 27th
I CAN: Explain WHY some natural resources are considered non-renewable.
Monday: Students will be entering their freshman class request into the computers. Depending on how long this takes, students may not have science class today.
Tuesday: Students will receive new learning targets. Our new unit is titled, "Natural Resources and Human Impact." Our focus will be on non-renewable resources such as oil, groundwater and gold. Students will investigate, gather information and discuss solutions to our issue with polluted/limited water supply.
Wednesday: Students will define renewable and non renewable, discuss examples of each and determine what happens to these resources over time.
Thursday and Friday: Students will be working on their ILP's (Individual Learning Plan) for these two days. Depending on how long this takes, students may not have science class work these days.
1. Come to school! If you miss class, YOU are responsible for getting your work, completing it and turning it in on time.
2. Have your materials ready. Something to write with, paper, and your organized binder.
3. Be ready to work. There is a time and place for goofiness, and it isn't always science class :)
4. Communicate with me. I can't help you if I don't know you need help!
5. Outside work. For most students, it is NECESSARY to study outside of class. 5-15 mnutes of review at home a day can boost your knowledge and scores dramatically.
*Email is the best way to contact me if you have any questions or concerns! You can find my email address under the "Contact Details" to the right.