8th Grade Science Mrs. Monts de Oca
Week of March 20th:
I CAN: examine the impact humans have on water through agriculture, building dams and increasing human population.
Monday: Students worked on three different web assignments last week and we will spend the entire core reviewing the concepts and vocabulary learned.
Tuesday: Students will learn about porosity and permeability through a short demonstration/lab. This will further help with understanding how humans impact the amount of groundwater available.
Wednesday and Thursday: We will spend two days reviewing for the quiz Friday.
Friday: Quiz on human impact on water quality and quantity.
1. Come to school! If you miss class, YOU are responsible for getting your work, completing it and turning it in on time.
2. Have your materials ready. Something to write with, paper, and your organized binder.
3. Be ready to work. There is a time and place for goofiness, and it isn't always science class :)
4. Communicate with me. I can't help you if I don't know you need help!
5. Outside work. For most students, it is NECESSARY to study outside of class. 5-15 mnutes of review at home a day can boost your knowledge and scores dramatically.
*Email is the best way to contact me if you have any questions or concerns! You can find my email address under the "Contact Details" to the right.